A female passenger on an Air India flight was stung by a scorpion in a rare incidence. The flight was travelling from Nagpur to Mumbai.
According to Air India, who confirmed the reports, the event happened on April 23 and the passenger received the appropriate medical care right afterward. She is now out of danger. While live birds and rats have been discovered on board before, a passenger getting stung by a scorpion is rare.
Soon after the plane landed, the female passenger received emergency medical attention and was taken to the hospital. “On landing the said passenger was attended by the doctor at the airport and subsequently was treated at the hospital and discharged.
The airline made it clear that every aircraft was thoroughly inspected right away following the occurrence.
“Our staff according to the protocol, thoroughly examined the aircraft, discovered the scorpion, and then properly performed the fumigation process. We deeply apologize for the passenger’s suffering and inconvenience, an Air India official stated.