Emirates will serve as the US Open Tennis Championships’ Official Airline from August 29 to September 11 for the eleventh year in a row. The biggest international airline in the world keeps using its extensive network to bring tennis fans closer to the sport and deliver top-notch tennis action at the Grand Slam® tournament.
The United States Tennis Association (USTA) and the prestigious annual athletic tournament have been partners of Emirates since 2012. In addition to 60 other tournaments throughout the year in collaboration with the ATP, the airline’s portfolio of tennis sponsorships also includes three of the four Grand Slams. These tournaments include the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati, Miami Open, and BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells in the US.
Since more over a decade Emirates has been proudly supporting the US Open. This support comes from our dedication to fostering global connections via a love of sports. According to Essa Sulaiman Ahmad, Emirates’ Divisional Vice President for the USA and Canada, “The US Open is one of the most eagerly anticipated sporting events on the global calendar, and we are thrilled to be the Official Airline that brings audiences from around the world together to enjoy the game.
“As part of our ‘Fly Better’ brand promise, we continually work to amaze our passengers with a luxury experience that is unmatched, both in flight and at the competition. Getting to know tennis fans in the US and around the world is something we look forward to doing as part of the excitement.
Courtside at the US Open
- The Emirates suite, an all-time favourite amongst celebrities and invited guests attending the event, promises to encapsulate the airline’s sought-after and premium hospitality experience. Guests can enjoy champagne and whiskey tasting while savouring a selection of delightful global dishes.
- All ticket holders can visit Emirates Sports Cafe, located on the west side of the South Plaza, and enjoy the cafe’s relaxed ambience whilst enjoying the tournament.
- Visitors can stop by the Emirates booth and experience the comfort of the Premium Economy seats on display. Guests can also enter for the chance to win an Emirates seat cushion.
- To add to the excitement, tennis spectators can look forward to the Emirates Ball Flight post-match ceremony to collect a ball signed by their favourite tennis player. Emirates cabin crew and the winning player will take to the court at the Arthur Ashe Stadium to hit three autographed tennis balls into the stands, following all matches up until the end of the quarter-finals.
- In partnership with broadcaster PIX 11 and the show “NY Living”, Emirates will be hosting a giveaway with 60 US Open tickets up for grabs, providing lucky tennis fans the opportunity to enjoy the courtside experience. Fans can take part in the competition from 8 to 11 September via its website or its social pages.Never miss a moment at 40,000 feet
- To help ensure that jet-setting tennis fans do not miss any of the US Open action, Emirates will be screening the tournament’s matches live in the air on its dedicated in-flight sports channels, Sport24 and Sport24 Extra, available to customers across all cabins on the airline’s award-winning in-flight entertainment system, ice. Live TV is available on all aircraft in Emirates’ Boeing 777 fleet and most of its flagship A380 aircraft.
- For passengers travelling in premium cabins on select A380 aircraft, Emirates will be screening the matches live on the 55-inch screen at the iconic onboard lounge. At the popular lounge in the sky, travellers can enjoy live sports at 40,000 feet while socializing and enjoying delicious snacks in addition to a unique selection of spirits or cocktails.
- Fans can also stay connected to tournament news and highlights onboard with Wi-Fi packages available to choose from. Emirates Skywards members travelling in First Class or Platinum members travelling in Business Class enjoy complimentary Wi‑Fi throughout the flight.