An airplane-obsessed kid wished to be a pilot – and Make-A-Wish of Minnesota made it happen, reports Matt Brickman
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — This year marks WCCO’s fourth year participating in “Wishes In Flight,” our drive for airline miles benefiting Make-A-Wish Minnesota.
As a kid in Minneapolis’s Nokomis neighborhood, Anthony Lickteig-Carter grew up with the sound of jets flying over his house.
“I can’t remember not wanting to be a pilot, I can’t remember it,” Anthony said. “I came out with aviators on, ready to rock and roll.”
Despite his unbridled passion, a future as a pilot seemed just out of reach.
“I was born with gastroschisis, and what that is, in a nutshell, is I was born with like my stomach on the outside of me,” he said. “That led to a lot of difficulties growing up. You know, I was a smaller kid growing up, in and out of the hospital, whole bunch of surgeries.”
But in 2001, after one final surgery, Anthony got his wish. He was going to be a pilot.
“They actually put me on flight, not in the flight deck though, but in first class, we flew to Milwaukee, got to, you know, talk with the pilots and I actually got to do the walk-around outside with him,” Anthony said.
Full story & courtesy : minnesota
10 fascinating facts about F16 block 70 aircraft
The F-16 Block 70, often known as the F-16V, is a modernized version of the renowned F-16 Fighting Falcon multirole fighter aircraft. This modernized variant, developed by Lockheed Martin, contains cutting-edge technologies and modifications to preserve its function as a versatile and capable fighter plane.
The F-16 Block 70/72 is the most advanced fourth-generation fighter ever produced, bringing a new level of capabilities to air forces worldwide. The F-16 has more than 600 vendors worldwide. Martin-Baker’s US18E Ejection Seat, for example, adds 5th Generation escape performance to the F-16.
In this article, we’ll look at ten amazing facts about the F-16 Block 70, highlighting its capabilities and role in modern aerial warfare.
1.The F-16 Block 70, took its inaugural flight as an advanced variant of the iconic F-16 Fighting Falcon series. With its maiden flight on Jan. 24 at 9:17 a.m. ET, t the Block 70 introduced a host of cutting-edge features that enhanced its capabilities and performance.
2. The Block 70/72 features advanced avionics, a proven Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar, a modernized cockpit with new safety features, advanced weapons, conformal fuel tanks, an improved performance engine, and an industry-leading extended structural service life of 12,000 hours.
3.The Block 70/72 has a new Centre Pedestal Display (CPD), which gives pilots with important tactical imagery on a high-resolution 6″x 8″ screen. The high-resolution display enables pilots to fully utilize AESA and targeting pod data.
4. The new CPD enables color-moving maps, larger and easier-to-manage air-to-air Situation Displays, zoom functionality with the ability to switch information among displays, and a digital display of Flight Instrument Data. New production aircraft; structural, and capability upgrades ensure the international F-16 fleet can operate to 2060 and beyond.
5.The F-16 Block 70/72, a remarkable and agile aircraft, boasts impressive specifications that make it a formidable force in modern aviation. With a length of 49.3 feet (15.027 meters) and a height of 16.7 feet (5.090 meters), the F-16 presents a sleek and compact profile. Capable of reaching speeds up to 1,500 mph (Mach 2+), this fighter jet exhibits remarkable swiftness that enables it to outpace its adversaries.
6. One standout feature is the Infrared Search and Track (IRST) system, enabling the F-16 Block 70 to detect and track airborne targets with unprecedented accuracy, enhancing situational awareness and target engagement.
7. To navigate with unparalleled precision, the F-16 Block 70 is equipped with Precision GPS Navigation, enabling accurate and efficient routing, target acquisition, and mission execution. These advancements collectively position the F-16 Block 70 as a formidable and adaptable force in modern air combat, solidifying its role as a cornerstone of aerial supremacy.
8. The F-16’s wingspan of 31.0 feet (9.449 metres), which contributes to its excellent maneuverability and versatility, enables it to succeed in a variety of combat circumstances. Despite its strength, the F-16 retains a comparatively low empty weight of 20,300 pounds (9,207 kilograms), which improves its agility and response in the air. The F-16 exhibits its ability to produce significant power for both speed and combat performance through to an engine with a thrust class of 29,000 pounds (13,000 kilograms).
9.The F-16 Block 70/72 has a maximum takeoff gross weight of 48,000 pounds (21,772 kilograms). This remarkable weight capability allows the aircraft to carry a wide range of weaponry and fuel loads, ensuring it remains a versatile and potent asset for air missions.
10.The F-16 Block 70, known for its excellent performance and versatility, has received widespread global recognition, having been picked by a staggering total of 30 particular customers. This extensive adoption demonstrates the aircraft’s ongoing appeal and ability to suit the varying needs of several air forces, highlighting its enduring reputation as a leading choice in modern military aviation.
The Baby Mute device helps reduce a baby’s noise level in flight. The opinions have divided the internet.
Baby Mute makes the claim that it will “silence your baby during long flights and movie nights.”
Imagine you’ve booked a flight and are looking forward to enjoying all of the in-flight amenities. However, your baby starts wailing and you are unable to stop it. Many onlookers are irritated by the outburst.
An innovative face mask for babies that helps to reduce baby noise has been developed by one of the companies. It only needs to be applied to the baby’s face. As the company promises, it will be secure and eliminate baby noise.
Any parent who wishes to enjoy lengthy flights or movie nights without being interrupted by their baby’s cries must have a Baby Mute.
You may unwind and take in your favorite films or TV shows with Baby Mute without worrying that other people would be bothered by your baby’s cries.
Your baby’s cries will be muffled by 87% thanks to the mask’s delicate design, which covers both their mouth and nose. This entails that you can watch your preferred films or TV episodes while still keeping your baby relaxed and comfy.
If you’re still not sure if the Baby Mute is right for you, consider the following:
- It’s a great way to keep your baby calm and happy during long flights or car rides.
- It’s perfect for parents who want to enjoy a night out at the movies without worrying about their baby’s cries disturbing other moviegoers.
- It’s a great gift for new parents who could use a little help getting through those challenging first few months.
Hold on ..! Many people mistakenly believe the “Baby Mute” products to be real.
On Tuesday, Toronto comedian Brad Gosse uploaded the webpage for the product, www.babymute.com, on Instagram and Reddit. Gosse is the author of more than 100 parody novels that are referred to as dark-humored “children’s books” on his website.
This is a counterfeit intended to anger those who believe the product to be legitimate. How can someone put a mask like that on a baby? Others, though, contend that the gadget won’t be a breakthrough unless it offers novel solutions for minimizing baby noise.
In just a few days, a comedian from the Toronto area created and promoted a parody product that was intended to sooth crying infants on airplanes. Many of the views came from angry users who mistakenly thought the product was real.
Many of the individuals who saw Gosse’s advertisement thought the item was real and were astonished and irate, he claimed.
More info: Baby Mute
Total sales of Boeing, Airbus, and Embraer at Farnborough Airshow 2022
Farnborough Airshow has emerged as the key event for the aerospace industry. A significant occurrence has demonstrated the future demand for aircraft. We have provided some sales information for Airbus, Boeing, and Embraer.
As of yesterday’s Farnborough airshow closing ceremony for 2022. It experienced the high demand aviation expansion expected by Boeing and Airbus in the following years. The same has been reported by OAG. As the airshow has become a game changer for several manufacturers and a new challenger in modifying the strategy to attract customers.
Let us begin with Boeing. The Boeing company performed exceptionally well at the airshow, receiving the greatest number of orders and commitments to purchase the aircraft despite the fact that the aircraft manufacturer had previously faced criticism for the Boeing 737 Max, but after the aircraft returned to commercial service, few airlines still consider the Boeing 737 Max for their airlines.
The Boeing corporation has three significant airlines in the pipeline with production halts owing to clarification and certifications: the Boeing 737-10 max and the Boeing 787, as well as the Boeing 777x, which is in the experimentation phase.
With all of the challenges and successes, Boeing is poised to challenge the market with great confidence. The long wait has finally come to an end. Since the Farnborough airshow, the company’s reputation has improved and demand has returned to pre-show levels.
On Boeing last day at Farnborough, the company maintained high order rates, and airlines are placing new orders. Surprisingly, the Boeing 737 Max is in high demand, with orders for more than 253 aircraft, including purchase commitments for purchasing aircraft. As Boeing demonstrated, the majority of commercial and defense products are attracting attention.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA recommitment to purchase 30 Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft.
- Aviation Capital Group Announce Order for 12 737-8 Jets
- 777 Partners announced a new order and commitment for up to 66 737 MAX jets
- Qatar Airways Finalize Order for 25 737 MAX Airplanes
- Saltchuk Aviation Orders Up to Four Additional 767-300 Boeing Converted Freighters.
- Azerbaijan Airlines to Expand its Boeing 787 Dreamliner Fleet, Signs Memorandum of Understanding to Purchase Four More Airplanes
- BBAM Orders 9 More 737-800 BCF, Takes First Position at New Conversion Line
- AerCap, World’s Largest 787 Customer, Adds Five Boeing 787 Dreamliner’s to Its Fleet
- Air company Armenia and Georgian Airlines Add Capacity with Order for three 737-800 Boeing Converted Freighters.
- All Nippon Airways (ANA), held a signing ceremony today at the Farnborough International Airshow to formalize an order for 20 737-8 airplanes, with 10 options in addition to the airline’s selection of the new 777-8 Freighter.
- Delta Carrier selects largest 737 MAX model, ordering 100 737-10s with options for 30 more jets
Boeing received the following total orders as of the last day of the Farnborough airshow 2022.
- 253 – Boeing 737 max
- 12 – B737-800 BCF
- 4 – Boeing 767-300 F
- 9 – Boeing 787
- 2 – Boeing 777x
Airbus has also competed fiercely with Boeing, launching a number of technologies at airshows. Airbus displays its best-selling aircraft, the A320 Neo and the A350, as well as other products. Airbus‘ recent legal dispute with Qatar Airways has had a negative influence on the aircraft market here. Qatar Airlines has picked the Boeing 737 Max aircraft after cancelling an order for Airbus A320 aircraft. Aside from that, Airbus has received a good number of orders for A320 aircraft from regular clients.
Airbus also showcased the Airbus A350 ITA airlines exceptional cabin interiors, which were the show’s highlight. We had the aircraft interior tour. Airbus is continuing to develop the Airbus A350 to the next level; as of today, it is the best and most successful aircraft, providing good competition to Boeing aircraft.
- LATAM Airlines reinforces fleet with additional order for 17 A321neo, endorses A321XLR
- easyJet confirms order for a further 56 A320neo Family aircraft
- Delta Air Lines has firmed up orders for 12 A220-300 aircraft
Airbus received the following total orders as of the last day of the Farnborough airshow.
- 17 – A321 neo
- 56 – A320 neo
- 12 – 220-300
Embraer has also performed admirably in the airshow. It displays the important aircraft. In the airshow, an Embraer E192-E2 aircraft with two liveries presents a stunning key display. Embraer anticipated with the eVTOL projects, which have also experienced significant progress. Embraer also got orders for the passenger and freighter versions of the aircraft. In comparison to other airshows, Embraer fared exceptionally well.
- Alaska Air Group Orders Eight New E175 Aircraft for Operation with Horizon Air
- Porter Airlines Orders a Further 20 Embraer E195-E2s to Support Major Expansion Plan
- NAC Places Two Embraer E190F With Astral Aviation
Embraer received the following total orders as of the last day of the Farnborough airshow.
- 8 – 175
- 20 – E195-E2
- 2- E190F
Airbus, Boeing’s sustainable and Hydrogen technology overviews
Boeing and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd (MHI) announced they will build on their decades-long partnership and collaborate on achieving the world’s ambitious climate targets. The memorandum of understanding (MOU) is focused on jointly studying enabling sustainable technologies – including hydrogen, electrification, sustainable materials, zero climate impact propulsion technologies, and new aircraft design concepts as well as commercializing sustainable aviation fuels (SAF). Boeing and MHI will together study new feed stocks and technologies for SAF production, including in the area of green hydrogen and carbon capture.
Airbus has joined Hy24, the world’s largest clean hydrogen infrastructure investment fund managed by Ardian, a global private investment firm, and FiveTHydrogen, an investment manager specialising in clean hydrogen initiatives.
The Hy24 investment fund will give financial backing for genuine, large-scale green hydrogen infrastructure projects around the world. Airbus’ participation demonstrates its commitment to the expansion of a worldwide hydrogen economy, which is required for the successful entry-into-service of its zero-emission commercial aircraft by 2035.
Embraer projects with Widerøe such as ‘Project Zero’ – a collaboration with Rolls-Royce to study a truly zero emission aircraft (zero NOx and other greenhouse gases) of around 50 seats. This complementary work looks at all aspects of developing and operating the 19-50 seat Energia concepts.
The above statistics are based on the company’s press release; if you have any more corrections or updates, please contact us at [email protected].
British Airways Speedbird Pilot Academy: Your Ticket to the Cockpit
How is Bangkok Airways now weighing passengers before boarding?
From Doha to the World: The Legacy of Akbar Al Baker at Qatar Airways: Honoured with APEX CEO Lifetime Achievement Award
Norse Atlantic Airways Partners with WebCargo by Freightos
Air India Cabin Crew Set To Get New Uniforms Designed by Manish Malhotra
Alaska Airlines adds new nonstop between San Diego and Atlanta
Southwest Airlines Offering 50 Percent Off Base Fares for Limited Time
Air India Enters Into Codeshare Agreement With AIX Connect for 100 Flights
British Airways will be the sole airline offering full business class suites on routes between the UK & Japan
Air France-KLM Orders 90 Airbus A350 Long-Range Aircraft
Airbus and the Antonov An-225: The Best Partnership for Rebuilding the Largest Aircraft
United Airlines Discover Fake engines parts on several aircrafts
Airline Introduces Child-Free Zones On Its long haul flights
American Airlines plane diverted after passenger calls Flight Attendant ‘waiter’
From CEO to Cabin Crew: Lufthansa CEO Works Trip As a Flight Attendant
Pilots battle for flying Qantas A380, The Qantas Pilot Association objects to the new recruitment structure for pilots
United Airlines Adds Six New Denver Routes and 35 New Flights
Mega Comparison of Boeing 777x vs A350-1000 Aircraft
Rolls-Royce Successfully Tests UltraFan Technology Demonstrator using 100% Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF)
Hawaiian Airlines Unveils Boeing 787 Dreamliner Cabin Design
Airlines1 week ago
United Airlines Discover Fake engines parts on several aircrafts
Airlines1 week ago
British Airways Launches Fully-Funded Pilot Training Program for 60 Applicants
Airlines6 days ago
Boeing India to open its largest facility outside the US in Bengaluru
Airlines2 weeks ago
Akasa Air moves court against 43 pilots who quit without any notice