Emirates is a well-known, family-friendly airline that transports more than a million kids annually, with a surge in July when the school year finishes and kids depart for summer vacation.
Children of all nationalities are flying around the world and enjoying Emirates, with bespoke services created to cater to kids’ top priorities and non-negotiable requirements; snacks, naps, great stuff to watch, and free Wi-Fi. The top ten kid’s nationalities onboard the Emirates are Britain, India, USA, Pakistan, Australia, UAE, Russia, France, Germany, and Saudi Arabia.
- Emirates provides priority boarding for families at all international airports, ensuring that children don’t wait too long and have more time to settle into their seats.
- Emirates provides complimentary baby strollers for infants and younger children at Dubai Airport, giving relief for tired tiny legs. During busy travel periods, Emirates also offers a separate family check-in area at Dubai Airport to ensure a quick and smooth experience for families with little queue.
- The kids play spaces in Dubai Airport’s First and Business Class Lounges, Concourse A and B, have arcade-quality games and Sony PlayStation terminals for gamers. Mother and infant care rooms, comfortable feeding areas, and baby changing facilities.
- Emirates offers a complimentary Unaccompanied Minors service to children aged 5-11 years who are traveling alone, whereby children are accompanied and supervised by specialist Emirates ground staff and cabin crew for every step of their journey. There is a dedicated Unaccompanied Minors Lounge with video games, free Wi‑Fi, comfortable sofas, and children’s bathrooms, where kids can enjoy drinks and snacks as they wait for their flight.
- Kid’s meals are served almost all Emirates routes, across all classes and feature tasty and nutritious meals, with lots of snackable elements, on a specially designed colorful meal tray featuring the iconic Emirates crew and pilot Little Travellers. Think kid favourites; mac ‘n’ cheese, nuggets and pizza!
- Organic baby food, milk formula and baby bottles are available onboard for infants if parents and guardians require them during the flight.
- Ice also has lots of kids and pre-school kids TV from CBeebies, Nickelodeon, Disney TV and Cartoon Network, including all the top characters like Paw Patrol, Bluey and Hey Duggee for the smaller ones.
- Kids in all classes are given pillows and blankets so they can make themselves comfortable and have a little nap if required.
- Kids of all ages are also offered an award-winning selection of toys and giveaways onboard, made from more sustainable materials with each age group in mind. For example, the Fly with Me magazine is a fun-filled activity magazine featuring puzzles, jokes and activities for 3–8-year-olds.
- Kids get free Wi-Fi messaging onboard Emirates in all classes. Simply sign up to Emirates Skysurfers loyalty programme for young travelers and kids between 2-17 years old can earn Skywards Miles on every Emirates and flydubai flight, then spend them on more flights or unique lifestyle benefits. Parents can also take advantage of an exclusive summer offer with Emirates Skywards – a bonus Tier Miles offer applicable to all customers who check-in for their flight at the Emirates City Check-in and Travel Store, in ICD Brookfield Place, Dubai Financial Centre (DIFC). From 15 July- 15 August, members can earn 5,000 Tier Miles for Emirates Skywards Blue and Silver members; 10,000 Tier Miles for Emirates Skywards Gold members; and 30,000 Tier Miles for Emirates Skywards Platinum members once they check in at Emirates City Check-in and Travel Store, ICD Brookfield Place.