– Emirates founded in 1985 with two leased aircraft
- Backing from Dubai’s royal family with Pakistan international airlines.
- With $10 million as Start-up capital
Today revenue emirates are worth of $USD 25.8 billion
- Emirates growth has never fallen below 20% a year. In its first 11 years, it doubled in size every 3.5 years and has every four years since
- The Government has received Dirham 14.6 billion from Emirates since dividends started being in 1999 for having provided an initial-up capital of US $10 million.
- Emirates catering in numbers here’s how much food the facility goes through each year.
- 4 tons of chicken
- 58 million bread rolls
- 110,000kg of hummus
- 6 tons of lobster
- 3 million eggs
- 165 tonnes of salmon fillet
- 27 tonnes of fresh broccol
It has the world’s largest kitchen layout
- 10,000 staff members
- 500 chefs cook
– 88,000 square meter factory
– 2.5 km overhead monorail.
The finally-tuned operation caters 590 flights a day with authentic local cuisines giving customers a taste of the destinations they are going to.
That is annual there are 7000 different menu items and 254 different soups in First class alone.
Any given Day the emirates facility producers
- 7500 desserts for first and business class customers
- 65,000 desserts for economy class
- 15,000 muffins
- 12000 liters of tomato juice
–World first airline to have its own aviation university and flight training academy.
The college opened in 1991 and was transitioned to a university in December 2010
Programs are like
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aviation Management
- Business Management
- Aviation Safety and security studies
- Graduates & Post Graduates Programs
A world-class Training Academy
It equipped with the 14 bay center houses 10 full-flight simulators.
-Emirates first introduced chauffer drive service for its passenger with the high end cars like Mercedes Benz, MNW and Volvo cars.
-World first airline to maintain highest no of Environmental Record
The airline claims to have lower emissions than other airlines. It has invested in a program called “tailored arrivals” arrival air traffic control to uplink to aircraft en-route. That huge saving.
How does it work?
It first determines the speed and flight profile from the air onto the runway, this allows the crew to accept and fly a continuous descent profile, saving fuel and emissions.
Emirates A380-800 if offers fuel economy o f3.1 liters per 100 passenger’s km. save 500,000 liters of fuel per aircraft per year. It also uses a program called Flex Trek it helps optimize routes efficiency and load factors.
-Emirates helped Sri Lankan airline to rebrand its national flag airline.
- In 1998 emirates purchased 43.6% in Sri Lankan airline for a worth of US $70 million
- In 2008, After 10 year’s Emirates sold its stake in the airline to the government of sri Lankan, in an estimated US$150 million.
-World’s first airline to Ban animal hunting and Transporting through its fleet.
In 2015 its support emirates made its fleets with decked out two of its A380 superjumbo jets in special livery designed to support United for wildlife a global campaign against the illegal wildlife trade.
-World’s largest floral installation through a life-size version of the Emirates A380.
- 5 million flowers
- Weigh over 100 tones
- 200 crew members worked
- 10 hours a day for
- -180 day to build
- 30-ton steel structures
-World’s Largest Maintain hanger in Dubai
The hanger size is equivalent 17 football fields or 9 hectares area the hanger was opened in 2010.
–Emirates inflight powered by ICE from Rockwell Collins
Choose from up to 3000 channel of movies TV shows, music, and games on demand and in multiple language.
Did you know?
Emirates is first airline to introduce inflight entertainment system in 1992
-The airline was the seventh-largest airline in the world in terms of international passengers carried.
- It is also the seventh largest in terms of scheduled freight ton-kilometer flown
- Sixth in scheduled international freight ton-kilometer flown.
- In 2017 emirates recorded +8% growth in traffic and +3% cargo transportation.
-Emirates has the world’s largest fleet of Boeing 777z and A380s
Emirates operates a fleet of more than 250 aircraft. Emirates is also the world’s largest Boeing 777 operates with 151 aircraft in service.
Emirates finalized an order for 150 Boeing 777x aircraft, consisting of 35 (777-8s) and 115 (777-9s)
As of February 2019, Emirates is the largest airbus A380 operator with 109 aircraft in service and its introduction.
-Top 3 successful & Profitable products by emirates
- Passenger’s flights
- Air cargo
- Aviation Service
Funder & Key people Ahmed Al Maktoum (Chairman & CEO)
Time Clark (President)
Operations – 3,600 flight per week
- 140 cities
- 81 countries
- 6 continents
250 fleet size (2018)
Employee: 64,768 (2016-2017)
Emirates Sky Cargo
- 50 destinations
- 100 destinations through Emirates passenger network
Fleet size 15
- 2- Boeing 747
- 13 Boeing 777F
Till 2017 it carried 2,714 (thousands tonne-km )
Dnata ground Handling service
- Aircraft Ground handling
- Cargo, travel
- Flight catering services
- 84 countries
- 5 continents