JetBlue Brings Humanity Back to Air Travel All Over Again With Highly Anticipated A320 Interior Cabin Restyling.
JetBlue Reveals First Complete Restyle of A320 Aircraft Interior Since Airline Launched in 2000, Bringing a Living Room-Comfort to the Sky
JetBlue Goes All-In on In-Seat Connectivity and Customer Comfort With Larger Seatback TVs, More Channels, Streaming Entertainment, Free Gate-to-Gate High-Speed Internet, The Most Legroom in Coach®, and the Widest, Most Comfortable A320 Seats
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)– JetBlue (NASDAQ: JBLU) today formally unveiled its first Airbus A320 to undergo the airline’s fleet restyling, which is bringing an all-new interior to its A320 aircraft. The aircraft – tail N646JB named “Bravo Lima Uniform Echo” – operated its first scheduled flight today between Boston Logan international Airport (BOS) and Bermuda’s L.F. Wade International Airport (BDA). True to its founding mission to bring humanity back to air travel, JetBlue’s restyled interiors boast the very best in customer comfort, connectivity and entertainment – creating an environment that feels more like lounging in your living room than flying at 35,000-feet.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here:
Introducing A Sleek and Smart Seat
In 2019, JetBlue will outfit its A320 aircraft with the Rockwell Collins Meridian seat, customized for the airline’s needs and featuring a number of design elements with customer comfort in mind:
- Expanded seat width offers more than 18 inches, the widest available for the A320.
- The most legroom in coach of any U.S. airline (a).
- Enhanced cushion comfort.
- Adjustable headrests, a new feature for JetBlue’s A320.
- Contoured seatback design at knee level creates additional living space for every customer.
- Redesigned seatback stowage options, including an innovative elastic grid to accommodate a variety of customer items.
- At least two easily-accessible and repositioned power connections at every seat.
Exceptional Entertainment Options
Also in 2019, JetBlue will build on its reputation as an industry leader in inflight entertainment options with Thales AVANT and ViaSat-2 connectivity. With this system, JetBlue will offer customers aboard its restyled A320s expanded entertainment choices in nearly every region the airline flies.
- 10.1 inch, 1080P high definition screen at every seat.
- More than 100 channels of live television.
- Expanded collection of on demand movies, TV shows and video content, plus new gaming features.
- Destination-specific content allowing customers to enhance their travel experience.
- Picture-in-picture function.
- Enhanced, 3D flight map offering multiple ways to track time to destination.
- NFC paining turning personal handheld devices into remotes or gaming controllers.
- Expanded Fly-Fi connectivity, providing coverage to nearly the entire JetBlue network.