Moscow, 1 February 2018 – Aeroflot will become the largest customer for the latest Russian-
built medium-range aircraft, the MC-21. The landmark contract for 50 of the state-of- the-art
passenger aircraft will be signed today between Aeroflot and Rostec.
Under the firm order, Rostec leasing subsidiary Aviacapital-Service will supply Aeroflot with 50
MC-21- 300 aircraft on operating leases. Aeroflot will thus become the largest Russian leasor of
the latest Russian-built aircraft. The leasing payments and reserves for maintenance will total
more than USD 5 billion.
The aircraft will be configured for Aeroflot to carry 169 passengers, with 16 business-class and
153 economy-class seats. In the first phase of the contract the aircraft will be delivered with
engines produced outside Russia. From the 26th aircraft Aeroflot has the option to receive
aircraft with new Russian-built PD-14 engines, which are currently undergoing certification
The first aircraft is scheduled for delivery to Aeroflot in the first quarter of 2020, with the order
planned to be completely fulfilled by 2026. Each aircraft will be leased for a term of 12 years,
with the option of two-year extensions on the lease no more than three times. Aeroflot plans to
operate the aircraft on both domestic and international routes.
Most Viewed Posts
- First A350-1000 Tour in pictures at Singapore Airshow 2018.
- Korean Black Eagles aircraft skids and catches fire on Changi Airport.
- Singapore Airshow 2018 Connects Global Aviation Stakeholders to Key Opportunities to Drive Change and Shape the Future
- 10 things about Indigo Airline : Jetline Marvel
- Vahana, the Self-Piloted, eVTOL aircraft from A³ by Airbus, Successfully Completes First Full-Scale Test Flight