According Reuters source – Several passengers were injured on an Aeroflot flight from Moscow to Bangkok when their Boeing 777 ran into “severe turbulence” 40 minutes before landing at the Thai capital on Monday, the Russian airline said in a statement.
The airline said the crew was unable to warn passengers of the approaching danger as the turbulence occurred in a clear sky.
“Several passengers were injured,” the statement said.
The Airports of Thailand Pcl , Thailand’s main airport operator, told Reuters that the Boeing 777 had landed in Bangkok, but said any other comment should come from the airline.
Aeroflot operates two flights a day from Moscow to Bangkok. Thailand is a top destination for Russian tourists, with many visiting the country’s beach destinations.
Most Viewed Posts
- Top 10 Airlines in India 2015 (3,164)
- Top 10 Airlines in India 2017 (1,421)
- Emirates to receive 100th A380 aircraft in November (866)
- Charted plane by the French Army smashes into the sea off the Ivory Coast after taking off in the thunderstorm (742)
- Norwegian launches world’s longest low-cost route to Singapore from under £150 (727)
- Singapore Airlines just unveiled new luxury suites for its Airbus A380
- Airline plans to weigh passengers before they can board aircraft
- A350-1000 completes Functional and Reliability Testing
- PIA leaves two coffins behind in New York as shocked family waits in Lahore
- Boeing Begins Production Of The New 777X